Friday, November 14, 2008

Looking ahead

I've got some big plans for this weekend. Lots of stuff needs to get accomplished and I'm really hoping to get it all done.

1. Finish the body of Dad's Aran. I caved to pressure and bought 2 additional skeins to be safe.
2. Rearrange the bedroom. I've been thinking a lot about the way my room is set up and the fact that I have an incredibly comfy chair that is in an awkward spot which means I rarely use it. Also it is covered with FOs and works in progress that make sitting in it very difficult. I'd love to move things around so that the chair is more accessible and possibly creates a little knitting nook where I can sit and knit (or spin!).
3. Make some butternut squash soup and perhaps some other tasty treats from pinch my salt (oooh she just posted some sweet potato rolls!) or orangette. I went gonzo for gourds and tubers last weekend when I made sweet potato fries, sweet potato biscuits, and pumpkin cheesecake (using recipes from pinch my salt). Unfortunately I think the weather will be a bit too warm for these comfort foods so we'll see how motivated I am.

Happy weekend all!