Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh hai!

These mittens are so frickin precious I find myself speaking lolcat whenever I look at them. I mean, c'mon:


Precious!!!

I don't know if it's the combination of pattern and color, or what, but you can't tell me they wouldn't cheer you up on a gray soggy day in March. The color in the top picture is very accurate, but here's a gratuitous mitten shot:


Pattern: Mitered Mittens by Elizabeth Zimmerman
From: Knitter's Almanac
Yarn: Classic Elite Montera (Llama and Wool)
Yardage: 1 skein (127 yds.)
Started: March 4th
Finished: March 9th (weaving in ends is a biotech ;))

And then there's the matter of this little number:


I was waiting until I had St. Pat's Day pics to post, but this'll have to do. It served me very well on Hoboken St. Patrick's Day (although there were those in the group who insisted on calling me a Green Beret no matter how often I insisted it was a tam)

Pattern: Moss Stitch Beret by Kent Turman
Yarn: Cascade 220
Yardage: about 200
Started: February 21st
Finished: February 26th

Modifications detailed here.