Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Change of Plan

Do you ever just get so frustrated with the lack of activity on a project that you just start looking for reasons not to work on it anymore?

Oh, it's too hot to knit that right now.

I really need to finish this other project so I can post pics on the blog.

[Insert technique here] is so boring, I want to try something new.

That's basically the point I'm at right now with the Fair Isle Kid's Cardigan. Sure it looked super cute at the time but did I really think it through? Fair Isle with superwash wool? All those color changes! So many ends to weave in! I'm just beyond frustrated with this project and can't stand the fact that the picture I had in my blog sidebar (which I removed with good reason) and up on Ravelry has immortalized this point that I've been stalled at for what feels like an eternity.



So I give up. I'm just going to admit it. There's no way I will finish this project without wanting to pull my hair out. So I'm moving on and I'm frogging it. Goodbye, Kid's Fair Isle Cardigan, you were just not for me (and not for my goddaughter).

Instead I will repurpose the Cascade 220 superwash for the February Baby Sweater from my recently acquired Knitter's Almanac. (Thanks, Super Secret Pal!) It'll take some doctoring in terms of sizing, I'm sure, and I may also do the yoke and seed stitch borders in contrasting colors, but I figure I've got plenty of time until Christmas, right? (Yeah, I've said that before.)