Monday, July 9, 2007

Back and oh-so-tan

What a wonderful break that was! We had some lovely weather on LBI which meant that I spent an awful lot of time on the beach rather than knitting, but somehow I managed to read 3 books and at least 5 magazines, ride 20 miles on my bike to Barnegat Light and back, get some swimming in, and knit a knee sock.

That's right my first sock has been completed, but my camera is currently hiding out in NJ so I won't be able to post just yet. Turning the heel was positively glorious! Who knew? I'm now on the gusset of the second sock so it won't be long now until I have some knee socks to wear. Oh wait, it's 97 degrees outside? Looks like I will still be waiting to wear them anyway.

Actually it may take a bit longer, because I really like the way the self-striping yarn is looking on my second sock rather than the first. It actually looks more like a real pattern, which is a bit disconcerting. Also, I am not terribly pleased with the way the increases for the calf turned out. Must make a mental note to find some knee sock tips.

I was also disappointed that I did not make the trek to Island Knits. I'll just have to save it for the next week of vacation I take, I guess. I'm curious to see what they have to offer.

Must make a concerted effort to take more pictures. I have such a lovely camera and it's a shame it doesn't get taken out more often. Same could probably be said for me, but that's neither here nor there.