Tuesday, July 10, 2007

HP

I'm going to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tonight (at midnight, good lord) in IMAX-3D. And I've noticed I am surprisingly pumped for it. I generally don't like the movies all that much but for some reason this one has appealed to me more than the others. I'm certain I'll find something to bitch about, but I'm hopeful that overall it won't disappoint totally. In fact some of the reviews have been pretty good, which is promising.

In the spirit of HP, I've been looking for some HP themed projects to make for my brother's birthday in September. He's soon to be a senior in high school. He's adorable. He also happens to be a bit of a jock. For some reason I can't reconcile my baby bro with that last statement (or the first one for that matter). Anyway I want something that he will actually use and a knit wand or wizard hat does not exactly qualify. I was thinking an iPod cozy, but he (like me) only has an iPod Shuffle and personally while the house colors are lovely, it doesn't scream HP (although, maybe that's a good thing?). Dilemmas, dilemmas. I may just try socks again because I really am lacking in the idea department when it comes to teenage boys.