Thursday, August 9, 2007

Presents!

So a couple weeks ago I won a blog contest over at Yarn Pirate. Another post that makes me desperately wish I did not live in a NYC apartment with a roommate allergic to pet hair (as much as I love her). But wow, I had no idea that it was going to be this awesome a prize:



As a girl who loves pirates, and is counting down the days to September 19th (Yarr!), those needles are just what I needed!


This colorway of the superwash merino is called Sierra and it is probably the first one I would've picked out if I had the chance. I can't wait to cast on. And then have a feeling I will need to stock up on some more of this yarn the minute it's gone.

Thank you Yarn Pirate!

More Ravelry
I just remembered something ELSE that makes me love Ravelry with the fire of a thousand suns. The book/magazine pattern index or whatever it's called. The fact that I can locate a book or an issue of a magazine that I don't own, and instantly see the projects that are included as well as the yarns I need (or yarns I could substitute), FOs from people who've done them, links to blog posts... I could go on and on! This thing is wonderful!