Monday, August 20, 2007

Progress and Willpower Breakdown

I have a problem. A very serious problem. I just can't stop myself. I can't. I walked into Knitty City yesterday. I wanted to see if they had Sea Silk. You know, just to look and maybe give it a squeeze. And yes... I bought some.


I believe this is the Rose Garden colorway I had been eyeing on the Handmaiden site, but it's not labeled so I can't be so sure. And I know, I'm typically not crazy about pink and there were so many gorgeous colors to choose from, but this is the one that really leapt out at me on the website and totally stuck in my head for that reason. Sooo pretty. Sooo soft. It will be destined for the Montego Bay Scarf. Ideally, I would've liked to make a shawl or something with it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy 2 skeins. Atleast I showed SOME restraint. Oh and I also bought Tofutsi's. I told you it was bad.

But in other news, Big Red is nearly complete.

Between watching house flipping shows all weekend and movies and the Giants pre-season game last night, I got quite a bit done. I got to the button holes on the collar, so all that remains is to finish the last 2 or so inches on the collar, attach the sleeves and the buttons, and block it. Although more and more I'm thinking I want to add a bit more length to the skirt. I'll see how much yarn I have left over and then I'll make a decision. But I have a feeling it won't be done just yet. And today was the first day in a while that I wasn't able to knit on the subway. It was kinda sad. But Big Red's just too effin big.

I'm just so excited at the prospect of having this done. It was actually kind of chilly this morning, makes me so excited for fall!

And on that note: Creed Thoughts