Thursday, August 16, 2007

SP Kickoff Contest

My SP Hostess Shelby has kicked off the festivities with a contest. Squee!
She's asked us to answer the following questions and post them on our blogs. Again, I ask you,
when have I ever been known to pass on a post in numbered list format?

So here we go!
1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
Right now I'm honestly going to say Ravelry. Does that qualify as an accessory? I don't know
what I would do without it! Simply amazing and it has become the tool that I turn to time and
again when I need help or inspiration.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what
type of project?
I most certainly do. I'm lucky enough to have a beach house again this summer with some
friends (see picture in sidebar) and there is nothing I enjoy more than sitting on the porch
with a cup of coffee and my knitting. Recently it's been Big Red making the trip with me, but
last weekend I made the mistake of not bringing an extra ball of yarn. I could've gotten much
more done if I had it.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Aside from my Jersey Shore house,
I'd have to say the Isle of Skye in Scotland.

This is Loch Coruisk which is surrounded on all sides by the Cuillin, an unbelievably rugged
mountain range at the south end of Skye that rises right up out of the water.

How can you look at these pictures and not want to be there???


4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
Toss up between Poems of Color by Wendy Keele and The Art of Fair Isle Knitting by Ann
Feitelson. Both are excellent in terms of describing techniques and color theory as well as
providing patterns (although truthfully, I wish the patterns came in slightly smaller sizes).


5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
I listen to non-knitting podcasts, but have never actually tried one of the knitting ones. I'm
partial to the
Lost podcast (awesome TV show) and then I typically listen to WFUV's Take Five
(my college radio station, a great public radio station with awesome music), Wait, Wait! Don't
Tell Me! and Meet the Press if I happen to miss it on Sunday.